These terms and conditions for Fortified Bicycle's Fortified Theft Protection warranty (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to all customers who have registered at www.fortifiedbike.com on or after June 1, 2016.
Upon proper registration of the Fortified Bicycle Warranty product within 30 days of lock purchase and payment (as applicable), Fortified Bicycle will provide the registrant with a one (1) to five (5) year Fortified Theft Protection Warranty, depending on what length of coverage is selected, and subject to the terms and conditions stated herein.
The Fortified Bicycle Fortified Theft Protection "Warranty" is not to be construed as bicycle insurance. It offers protection against the theft of a properly registered bicycle caused by lock failure. If the registered bicycle is stolen because of the malicious or unintended opening or breaking of the Fortified Invincible u-lock by force, Fortified Bicycle will replace the Invincible Bike, including Fortified accessories, with receipt of the shipping and handling cost and verified Police Report.
Remember this is an OPTIONAL Warranty, and registration is required to participate in the program.
Please visit Fortified Bicycle's FAQs for more details on this warranty.
This warranty provides the registrant with an exclusive remedy once all requirements have been completed and all required materials are sent to Fortified Bicycle within the specified time frame. No other offers, express or implied, are made by Fortified Bicycle.
To register, visit Fortified Bicycle's website and click on the “Register Your Bike” button under the Support menu dropdown right on the homepage of the FORTIFIEDBIKE.COM site. The following information is required for registration: Customer contact details, country of residence, bike type, number of warranty years purchased, order or receipt #, the bike serial #, whether or not you purchased lights with your bike. Failure to provide the requested information will void the registration. Registration fees range from $99 USD (or equivalent local currency) for a one (1) year period to $349 USD (or equivalent local currency) for a five (5) year period for the Warranty with the U-lock. Note: It is recommended that customers keep a copy of the Fortified Theft Protection registration information, should a theft claim need to be filed.
1. Report the theft to the police within 72 hours.
2. Notify Fortified Bicycle within seven (7) days of the theft – A request ticket can be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (857) 302-5014. REMINDER: Your bike is only warrantied against theft if you purchased Fortified Theft Protection and if you are using a Fortified u-lock at the time of the theft. REMEMBER THAT PROPER AND TIMELY REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR COVERAGE. In order to claim the warranty, the following pieces of information are required: Registrant’s contact details, including email address, bicycle serial #, Emailed copy of the official police report, description and photo of the lock-up location – provide info on the status of the u-lock and photo if available (it is always recommended to lock the bicycle to a secured stationary object). Failure to forward all required materials within ninety (90) days will void the claim and Fortified Bicycle will have no further responsibility under this warranty. NOTE: Any claims filed under this Warranty are subject to the “Limitations” listed below.
Please note that the limitations noted herein may be subject to national, state, province or local laws, which may provide additional rights or remedies. SEE LOCAL LAWS FOR SPECIFIC RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of Fortified Bicycle.
2. Fortified Bicycle is not responsible for any international (outside the US) customs or duties incurred by the replacement bicycle or accessories. Please contact your local customs office to inquire about replacement $0 items.
3. This offer expires one (1) to five (5) years (depending on length of coverage selected) from Fortified Bicycle’s receipt of the proper and timely registration. This offer only applies to the registered lock owner and bicycle identified in the registration. All registrations and claims are subject to these Terms and Conditions. Failure to properly and timely submit a registration will void this Warranty and Fortified Bicycle will have no further obligation under this Warranty.
4. This Warranty applies only to bicycles as defined herein.
5. This Warranty applies only to the actual theft of the bicycle registered with Fortified Bicycle and does not apply to attempted thefts or thefts where the bicycle is recovered. This Warranty does not apply to theft of any personal property located on the stolen bicycle. This Warranty does not apply to damage caused by vandalism (e.g., damage that does not result in theft). For purposes of this Warranty, the term “theft” means the unauthorized removal of bicycle by a person other than the owner of the bicycle or his/her agent which results in a legal claim for theft.
6. This Warranty applies to one bike at a time. A second Invincible bike must have it's own warranty and registration.
7. This Warranty can be transferred when a new Invincible bike is purchased; however, a registration cannot be transferred from one individual to another.
8. This Warranty applies to thefts occurring in countries where Fortified Theft Protection is offered. For a complete list of countries visit Fortified Bicycle’s FAQ at FAQ - FTP Eligible Countries. For customers that register on or after June 1, 2016, coverage is available in all countries that are listed on the FAQ stated above.
9. IN NO EVENT SHALL FORTIFIED BICYCLE BE LIABLE TO ANY INDIVIDUAL FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, INTEREST, LOST GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER GOODS, LOSS BY REASON OF SHUTDOWN OR NON-OPERATION, INCREASED EXPENSES OF OPERATION, OR CLAIMS OF THE BICYCLE OWNER, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
15. A customer’s rights under this Warranty may not be assigned, subrogated or otherwise transferred to any other parties.